Looking for ways to get more friends on Snapchat? You are not alone. Savvy social marketers know that this is anecessary part of any Snapchat for business strategy. More friends means greater reach & a higher likelihood that you will achieve your goals on the platform.
Have a clear Snapchat plan
When you approach any platform as a marketing vehicle, you need to do so with a clear plan. Snapchat marketing—part of which’s getting more friends—requires a plan for how you are going to reach your aims. Skipping this step could result in wasted time, effort & money.
To get started on your strategy, you need to ask the right questions. Questions such as…
- Who’re we going to educate within the company to use the platform?
- Who’ll be responsible for keeping our account active &engaging with our Snapchat followers?
- What’re we looking to achieve, at the end of the day? In other words, what does it mean to us to have X number of Snapchat friends/X number of Story views?
- How many days, months, or years do we estimate it will take to reach our Snapchat aims?
- What does success on Snapchat look like?
- Who’s our ideal Snapchat friend? How do we reach this person? (By “person” we mean audience personas).
- What ways will we use to attract followers on Snapchat? Why would they need see our Stories, anyway?
- What’ll our overall message be for our Snapchat friends & followers? How will we stick to this message with our many Snaps & Stories?
- What’re our competitors doing on Snapchat? How will we evaluate what is working for them, and what isn’t?
- Who else do our ideal Snapchat friends follow? How could we leverage those influencers?
Without knowing the answers to the above questions, you can easily get derailed on a platform like Snapchat. Remember, it is not just about having fun. If it is costing you to manage a Snapchat account, you will want to know if it is paying off—whatever that payoff means to you.
Once you have answered those questions you are ready to start fleshing out your plan. These blog guides will help you through that:
Learn how to use Snapchat
Yes, you can skip to promoting your account. But imagine how much more effective your account will be if you first learn to interact with others on the platform!
Snapchat has a learning curve to it. But once you get going on it, it could become second nature.
See our handy guides on this subject:
- How to Use Snapchat: A Guide for Beginners
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Snapchat (But Were Afraid to Ask)
We have also included tips below for using Snapchat to build followers.
Get inspired by what other brands are doing
There is no harm in learning how other brands utilize Snapchat to attract followers & engage their audiences. Here’re a few sources to start your research into this:
- 7 Brands That Are Killing It on Snapchat
- See how others grew their businesses with Snapchat
- The Best Snapchat Marketing Campaigns and Why They Work
Use Snapchat insights to re-evaluate, then revise
Any good marketer knows that at best, their first plan is going to be a best guess. As with all marketing measures, you’ll want to use Snapchat analytics periodically. See if your efforts to get new Snapchat friends are working for you. You will also want to use any data you can get to answer the above ‘plan questions. Then revise your execution as needed.
Share your Snapcode to make it easy for customers to add you as a friend
A Snapcode is a nifty, scannable code that makes adding new Snapchat friends & opening Snapchat content quick & easy.
New followers could scan your Snapcode using the Snapchat camera. They can screenshot your Snapcode& use the “Add by Snapcode” feature on the “Add Friends” page to easily add your business as a new friend. Once you have theSnapcode, you can begin posting it far & wide.
Here’re a few ways to share your Snapcode far and wide to gain new Snapchat followers.
Make your Snapcode your profile picture on other social media accounts
In essence, they will take a screenshot of your Snapcode, then let the app find you by accessing the image through the phone’s camera roll.
This way, if you promote your other social media accounts, you will be promoting Snapchat at the same time.
Share your Snapcode in posts on other networks
Share your Snapcode using the Snapchat app
Snapchat also has a solution to share your Snapcode& username using Snapchat’s “Share Username” function. For instance, did you know you can post your Snapchat username on Pinterest, right within the app? You can make the announcement to Whatsapp friends/groups (even if Whatsapp group participants are not in your phone’s address book).